Menu
       

Home
Contact
Residents
History
Forum

Admin

 

History

Blue Anchor Quay is a private residential area, situated in the heart of the historic Newcastle Central Quayside conservation area.

The development differs from the many appartment blocks at the Baltic or East / West Quayside areas, due to the spacious, leafy environment at Blue Anchor Quay, which serves to ensure a quiet, tranquil residential location.

Blue Anchor is accessed from the historic Queen Street. Within a few yards walk along one of the connecting chares, lies the heart of the historic Quayside, with its many bridges, arts and music venues, bars and restaurants.

Blue Anchor Quay was built around 1988 and includes Blue Anchor Court, Broadgarth and Peppercorn Court, which were named after the many chares which ran from the Quayside, between the many buildings present prior to the Great Fire of 1854. The prestigious Indian Kings House appartments are part of Blue Anchor Quay, which give unrivalled views of the historic Quayside.

Blue Anchor Quay was so called, to preserve the historic link to the traditional shipping heritage that Newcastle Quayside was famous for, throughout the world.

At present, refurbishment projects are being undertaken, to ensure Blue Anchor Quay remains the most prestigious Central Quayside area, in which to live and enjoy.

 
     
  By using this website you are agreeing to our disclaimer.  

 

2004 Blue Anchor Quay. Site design by Think Systems


Warning: mysql_free_result(): 7 is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/clients/public_html/blueanchorquay.co.uk/public/history.php on line 105